1. Przekrój Magazine – the quarterly “Przekrój”.
3. Newsletter – an Electronic Service provided by Przekrój via electronic mail consisting of regular distribution of commercial information to Customers.
4. Subscription Period – the term of the Digital Subscription.
5. Auto-Renewable Subscription – a form of Digital Subscription provided at the User's request for subsequent automatically renewed Subscription Periods.
6. Digital Subscription – in principle paid service provided electronically by Przekrój (within the meaning of the Act of 18 July 2002 on provision of electronic services; consolidated text in Dz.U.2017.1219) of making the content of Przekrój Magazine and the Website available.
7. Przekrój – Fundacja Przekrój with its registered office in Warsaw, Aleja Róż 10/12, 00-556 Warszawa, entered in the Commercial Register of the Polish Court Register under KRS number: 0000750752, NIP: 7010868991, REGON: 381419318; the Website operator and publisher.
9. Website – the website with sub-pages in the domain www.przekroj.pl.
10. User or you – a person using the Website.
II. Basic provisions
1. Services made available on the Website are payable or free of charge. In addition, the use of specific Website services, such as the Newsletter or access to the paid Website parts, may require a user registration.
III. Technical requirements and safety
1. In order to fully enjoy the Przekrój Website, including the Online Shop and Electronic Services, it is recommended to meet the following technical requirements:
a) an Internet connection (wired or wireless);
b) use of a web browser: Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Safari, or other compatible browsers, in the latest stable version made available by the browser's provider;
d) use of a minimum screen width of 300 px.
2. Failure to comply with the requirements indicated in point 3.1. does not prevent the use of the Przekrój Website, however, it may be the cause of its malfunctioning.
4. The use of Electronic Services may involve risks inherent in Internet activity.
IV. Website (content)
1. The purpose of the Website is to provide Internet users with access to materials distributed in the Przekrój Magazine and on the Website, including materials published in printed editions of the Przekrój Magazine, entered in the press register under the number Pr 18003 and access to other services provided electronically, in particular the digital edition of Przekrój magazine and Przekrój’s archives.
2. All rights to the Website belong to Przekrój, and rights to particular elements of its content (i.e. texts, graphics, photographs, software and other legally protected elements) to Przekrój or to parties whose materials are lawfully made available by Przekrój on the Website.
3. The Website as a whole, as well as individual elements of its content, are subject to the protection provided for by the provisions of law, in particular the Act on Copyright and Related Rights of 4 February 1994 (consolidated text in Dz.U.2006.90.631); the Act on Database Protection of 27 July 2001 (Dz.U.2001.128.1402); Act on Combating Unfair Competition of 16 April 1993 (consolidated text in Dz.U.2003.153.1503).
4. The use of the Website and the materials distributed on the Website by its users is possible only within the scope of permitted by the Copyright and Related Rights Act and the Database Protection Act.
5. Any other use of the Website and/or its individual elements without Przekrój’s written consent or without the written consent of other right holders is prohibited. This means that it is prohibited to copy, reproduce, put into circulation, or distribute in any form the Website and/or its individual elements, including a prohibition of distributing current articles available on the Website on political, economic or religious topics. Unlawful use of the Website and/or its elements will be subject to penalties under civil and criminal law.
1. Newsletter – an agreement for the provision of Newsletter service shall be concluded upon:
a) subscription for the Newsletter by entering the e-mail address in the box to be found in the footer of the Przekrój Website – www.przekroj.pl – entitled “Newsletter” or by agreeing to receive the Newsletter while filling in the Account form by ticking the appropriate box;
b) the expression of consent to:
i. processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes by the Controller;
iii. using telecommunications terminal equipment for direct marketing purposes in accordance with the Telecommunications Law of 16 July 2004 (Dz.U.2018.1954); we will then ask you to confirm your consent.
iv. processing of personal data for third party marketing purposes;
c) choosing the method of providing the Newsletter service, i.e:
– by e-mail to an e-mail address; or
2. In order to receive the Newsletter, you must give the consents mentioned in points V.1.b.i to V.1.b.iii.
3. Your consent mentioned in point V.1.b.iv is optional.
4. The Electronic Newsletter Service is provided free of charge for an indefinite period of time. The Customer may at any time and without giving any reason unsubscribe from the Newsletter by sending an appropriate request to Przekrój, in particular by e-mail to: email@example.com or in writing to the following address: Fundacja Przekrój, Aleja Róż 10/12, 00-556 Warszawa. After the cancellation, your e-mail address will be deleted unless you have expressly consented to the continued use of your personal data for other purposes or the continued use of your data is reserved by Przekrój in the cases permitted by law - in which case Przekrój will inform you immediately.
VI. Traditional mail advertising and your right to object
We reserve the right to process your name and postal address for our own advertising purposes, e.g. sending the latest offers and information about our Products by post. This is to safeguard our legitimate interest in contacting customers for advertising purposes. Advertising communications will be delivered by a data processing services provider contracted by Przekrój, to whom we transfer data entrusted to the Przekrój for this purpose. The Customer has the right to object at any time to the storage and use of the Customer's data by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address: Fundacja Przekrój, Aleja Róż 10/12, 00-556 Warszawa.
VII. Digital Subscription – Basic provisions
1. Subscription is a service of making the content of the Przekrój Magazine and the content of the Website available during the Subscription Period, with the Auto-Renewable Content Subscription being made available in successive Subscription Periods.
2. The use of the Digital Subscription is not limited territorially.
3. The Digital Subscription Service is provided exclusively to Users who:
a) have an Account (an Account will be created for a User who does not have an Account after providing an e-mail address: in the process of buying the Digital Subscription through the Website;
c) buy Digital Subscription or gain access to it under other terms and conditions provided for by Przekrój;
4. The Digital Subscription Service is provided by Przekrój.
Address: Fundacja Przekrój, Aleja Róż 10/12, 00- 556 Warszawa;
Phone: (+48) 22 555 54 55
VIII. How to buy Digital Subscription
1. To buy Digital Subscription via the Website, you must place an order on the Website (by clicking the “Add to Cart” icon, then clicking “Go to Cart and Place Order”, then fill in the "Order and Pay" form) and pay the price indicated on the Website. The User making the purchase should be at least 18 years of age.
2. The User who purchased the Package chooses the method of payment from among those indicated on the Website, i.e.: payment via PayU or PayPal. The User should submit a payment order within 14 days of the date of placing the order. If the User fails to pay within this period, the order will be cancelled and the agreement for access to the Digital Subscription expires.
3. The Digital Subscription purchased via the Website will be made available to the User after 14 days from the date of placing an order (i.e. after the expiry of the deadline for withdrawal from the contract), provided that the price is paid. At the User's request, the Digital Subscription will be made available to the User before the lapse of 14 days - after Przekrój receives a payment confirmation (a payment confirmation is sent to Przekrój via the Payment Operator generally no later than 15 minutes after the payment). The User who is a consumer, to whom the Package has been made available at his or her request before the expiry of 14 days for withdrawal does not lose the right to withdraw, but in the case of withdrawal the amount returned to him will be reduced proportionally from the day of making the Package available to the day of withdrawal.
4. The Digital Subscription Service in the form of a Auto-Renewable Subscription is provided if the User selects the option of self-renewal at the time of purchase. By checking the auto-renewal option, the User consents to Przekrój charging the price for subsequent Subscription Periods via PayU or PayPal in the amount indicated in the submitted order.
5. Payments for subsequent Subscription Periods under Auto-Renewable Subscription is made by collecting the price for the next Subscription Period by Przekrój. The price for the next Subscription Period is charged no earlier than 48 hours and no later than 24 hours before the start of the next Subscription Period.
6. You may at any time cancel auto-renewal by unchecking the auto-renewal option in you Account no later than 48 hours before the start of the next Subscription Period.
7. After placing an order and prior to the commencement of the service, Przekrój confirms order acceptance to the e-mail address provided by the User (being the Account ID).
IX. Right of withdrawal
1. Only Users who are consumers have the right to withdraw from the contract.
2. Within 14 days from the date of concluding the contract (i.e., also from the date of placing an order) for the Digital Subscription, the User may withdraw from the contract without giving any reason. The period for withdrawal from the contract expires after 14 days from the date of the contract execution.
3. In order to exercise the right of withdrawal, you must notify Przekrój of you decision to withdraw from the contract by way of of an unequivocal notice. A notice of withdrawal should be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com or to the postal address of the Fundacja Przekrój, Aleja Róż 10/12, 00- 556 Warszawa.
5. In order to comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient to send information on the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period to one of the addresses indicated above.
6. Subject to clause 7 below, in the event of withdrawal, the price paid for the Digital Subscription will be refunded to the User immediately and no later than within 14 days pf the date on which Przekrój was notified of the User's decision to withdraw. The refund will be made using the same payment methods that was used by the User in the original transaction. Under no circumstances will you be required to make any payments in connection with such refund.
7. If the Digital Subscription was made available at your request before the expiry of the 14-day withdrawal period, the amount paid by you will be refunded in proportion to the period of making the Package available to the User.
X. Final provisions
1. Przekrój will make every effort to ensure proper operation of the Website and particular services available on the Website, however, it is not responsible any interruptions in the operation of the Website or services available on the Website in the event of technical problems independent of Przekrój.
2. Przekrój reserves the right to temporarily shut down the Website in whole or in part due to technical interruptions, and to introduce new functional solutions, including those improving the safety and quality of the Website's operations.
3. Complaints, if any, regarding the operation of the Website, including those related to the use of the Digital Subscription, purchase, payment, etc. should be reported to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the postal address of the Fundacja Przekrój, Aleja Róż 10/12, 00- 556 Warszawa and should contain the following data: name of the person filing a complaint - first and last name, or corporate name (for institutions); subject of the complaint. Complaints will be reviewed by Przekrój within 14 days of the date of receipt of a complaint (containing the data referred to in the preceding sentence). A response to the complaint will be sent to the e-mail address indicated by the User, and in the case of a complaint submitted by traditional mail - to the address indicated by the User.
4. Detailed information on how a User who is a consumer may use out-of-court complaint and claim handling procedures and the rules of access to these procedures are available at the offices and on the websites of powiat (municipal) consumer ombudsmen, consumer protection organisations, Voivodship Trade Inspection Office and at the following web addresses of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection:
5. A User who is a consumer has, for instance, the following possibilities of out-of-court complaint handling and claim enforcement.
a) The User has the right to approach the permanent arbitration consumer tribunal, referred to in Article 37 of the Act of 15 December 2000 on Trade Inspection (Dz.U.2001.25 as amended) for settlement of a dispute arising from the Purchase Agreement concluded by that User. The rules of the organisation and of permanent arbitration consumer tribunals are laid down in the Regulation of the Minister of Justice of 25 September 2001 on the rules of organisation and operation of permanent arbitration consumer tribunals. (Dz.U.2001.113.1214).
b) The User has the right to apply to the Voivodship Trade Inspection Officer, in accordance with Article 36 of the Act of 15 December 2000 on Trade Inspection (Dz.U.2001.4.25 as amended), for the initiation of mediation proceedings for an amicable settlement of a dispute between the User and the Seller. Information on the principles and procedure of mediation conducted by the Voivodship Trade Inspection Officer is available at its offices and on the websites of individual Voivodship Trade Inspection Offices.
c) The User may obtain free aid in resolving a dispute between the User and the Seller, using also free aid of a powiat (municipal) consumer ombudsman or consumer protection organizations (e.g. Consumer Federation, Association of Polish Consumers). Advice is provided by the Consumers' Federation at email@example.com and by the Polish Consumers' Association at the free consumer helpline 800 889 866.
6. The online dispute resolution platform between consumers and traders at the EU level (ODR platform) is available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. The ODR platform is an interactive and multilingual website with a one-stop shop for consumers and traders seeking out-of-court settlement of a dispute concerning contractual obligations arising from an online sales or service contract.
APPENDIX no. 1 - FORM OF NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL
Addressee: Fundacja Przekrój, Aleja Róż 10/12, 00- 556 Warszawa;
Phone: (+48) 22 555 54 55
I/We hereby inform you of my/our withdrawal from the Digital Subscription Service Agreement,
First and last name(s) of the consumer(s) ..................
Address of consumer(s) .................
e-mail address of the consumer to which the service was purchased....
Signature of consumer(s) (only if the form is sent on paper) .............................
Rules of the "PUZZLES" Contest
§1 General provisions
1. These Rules define the terms and conditions of the "Puzzles" Contest (hereinafter: "Contest"), which begins on March 20, 2019 and will continue until May 14, 2019 (hereinafter: "Period of the Contest".
2. The Contest is organized by the Przekrój Foundation with its registered office in Warsaw, Aleja Róż 10/12, 00-556 Warszawa, entered in the Commercial Register of the Polish Court Register under KRS number: 0000750752, NIP: 7010868991, REGON: 381419318 (hereinafter: Organizer).
3. The Contest is conducted in the territory of the Republic of Poland.
§2 Participants of the Contest
1. The Contest Participant (hereinafter: "Participant") may be any legal person with full legal capacity, excluding persons specified in point. 2.
2. Employees of the Organizer and persons employed by him on the basis of civil law contracts as well as family members of employees and co-workers may not participate in the Contest.
§3 The Contest procedure
1. In order to take part in the Contest, one should, during the Period of the Contest, properly resolve the puzzles published in issue 2 (3565) / 19 of the Przekrój quarterly: "Krzyżówka", "Wytęż wzrok" and "Rysudoku", and then send it by post to the following address: Przekrój przegr. poczt. nr 16, 00-902 Warszawa 133 , with the note "Łamigłówki".
2. The prize (hereinafter: "Prize") will be received:
a) by each of the ten Participants who will first, by post mark date, send the correct solution, and
b) by each of the other Participants who will send the correct solution with the same date, by post mark date, as the date of the shipment of the last of the ten Participants indicated in point 1 above.
3. The list of names of the winners will be published in the No. 3 (3566)/19 quarterly Przekrój
1. The Prize in the "Puzzles" Contest is a cup of the "Przekrój" quarterly and other gadgets selected by the Organizer.
2. The prizes will be sent by mail or courier to the Winners at the address provided by the Winners by 1 July 2019.
3. In case of non-collection of the parcel by the winners the parcel will be returned to the headquarters of the Organizer – Fundacja Przekrój, aleja Róż 10/12, 00- 556 Warszawa, from where the winners will be able to collect it in person.
§5 Correctness of the Contest procedure
1. Correctness of the Contest procedure is controlled by the Organizer.
2. In case of violation of the provisions of these Rules, the Participant is excluded from participation in the Contest.
§6 Complaint procedure
1. Complaints regarding the manner of conducting the Contest can be reported to the Organizer at the address: Fundacja Przekrój, aleja Róż 10/12, 00- 556 Warszawa, with the note "Łamigłówki".
2. The complaint should contain data allowing unambiguous identification and contact with the person lodging the complaint, such as name and surname, mailing address or telephone number, as well as a description of the circumstances constituting the basis for lodging the complaint.
3. Complaints are considered by the Organizer within 14 days from the date of receipt of the complaint. The participant will be notified about the complaint being considered by the Organizer to the address indicated by the Participant.
§7 Personal data
1. Sending the solution to the Organizer (also incorrect) means that the Participant agrees to the processing of his personal data.
2. The administrator of personal data collected during the Period of the Contest is Fundacja Przekrój z siedzibą w Warszawie, aleja Róż 10/12, 00- 556 Warszawa.
3. Categories of participants' personal data being processed: name, surname, mailing address.
4. The given data will be processed solely for the purpose of verifying the Participant, issuing the Winner's Prize, publicly mentioning the name in the Winners' personal list published in issue 3 (3566) / 19 quarterly Przekrój and for the purpose of considering the complaint. Providing personal data by the Participant is voluntary, although necessary for the proper conduct of the Contest and consideration of the complaint.
5. The personal data of the Participant will be kept for the period necessary for the statute of limitations for claims for participation in the Contest.
6. Due to the cross-sectional processing of the Participant's personal data, the Participant has the right to access their data (Article 15 of the GDPR), rectification (Article 16 of the GDPR), removal (Article 17 of the GDPR), processing restrictions (Article 18 of the RODO) ), transfer (Article 20 of the GDPR) and object to their processing (Article 21 of the RODO). Participation of the indicated rights by the Participant is possible by contacting the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. The participant has the right to lodge complaints with the supervisory body competent for the protection of personal data - the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
§8 Final provisions
1. The Competition Rules are available on the website www.przekroj.pl.
2. The organizer reserves the right to change the provisions of the Rules in the event of changes in legal regulations or for another important reason.
3. The provisions of Polish law shall apply to all matters concerning the Contest and not governed by the Rules.